Monday 6 December 2010

Rare SL

For about two weeks now, I've been finding the need or urge to log in considerably lacking. Work in SL has started to feel like work in RL. That I'm only doing it to pay my tier rather than for an fun. A complete dearth of tips isn't helping but it's more than that.
There used to be a time I would wake up and SL would be the first thing I thought of. Not healthy I know, but there we are. Log in, catch up, go play. Work was play. Now I don't even have the enthusiasm to log in on my alt.
I love exploring, and it makes me sad to see sims disappear, long standing sims even that were featured in the destination guides, that everyone visits at least once. I came across the Nemo sim a couple of months ago and took my partner there. We loved it. Only found out in the forums recently that it had gone. And; I don't know. Perhaps it feels right now that SL is long past it's glory days and is slowly winding down.
I really hope not. I have good friends and when I see them it's great. 
Eileen is a great joy in SL. I miss her so much when she's not around and I'm sure she feels the same.
What's funny is, I spoke about this to an old friend yesterday and she said to me "I wondered when you would feel like that". No surprise to her, so perhaps this is something all residents go through. Maybe I've even gone through it before and conveniently forgotten. I've been here almost 4 years !
I hope I shake this off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment